How to Prepare Your Body & Mind Before Attending a Meditation Workshop
by Michael Teh
Before attending my meditation workshops, it is encouraged that you prepare both your body and mind as you will be more receptive towards my guidance and teachings. That said, if you do have the time, space, energy, and desire, you may want to prepare yourself physically, mentally and spiritually, so you can enhance your experience and realization during my workshops.
“In order to gain the best out of my workshops, I would like to encourage you to
nurture your body and mind to have optimum energy where you can absorb the
lessons and information effectively.”
Before you attend any of my workshops, it is highly recommended that you prepare both your body and mind at least one week before the workshop as it will help you to be more receptive towards my guidance and teachings.
This is because during the workshops, you will be taught through guided meditation and learning the Knowledge of the Self. And these lessons are transmitted not just through my speaking, guided meditation and discussions, but also through the subtle part of your mind and body. In other words, through my guidance and guided meditation, you are led to realize your innate potentials by tapping into your unconscious mind where most of your memories and innate potentials are stored.
In order to gain the best out of my workshops, I would like to encourage you to nurture your body and mind to have optimum energy where you can absorb the lessons and information effectively.
It is one thing to understand the learnings intellectually, but it is completely different if you could realize and relate them to your life experiences. Usually, these realizations and innate knowing come when you are functioning at an optimum energy level and with a clear mind. Hence, it is important to better prepare yourself prior to attending any of my meditation workshops.
You will begin to notice the difference should you decide to embark on this journey of self-realization.
Here are some tips to better prepare your body and mind:
1. Eat light and reduce your intake of meat and alcohol 3 days prior to the workshop. It would be better if you can do it one week in advance. You can opt for your personal detox diet routine. I have no formula for you but generally eat a healthy and balance diet and to include more fruits and vegetables.
2. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.
3. Have enough of sleep (8 hours a day) and rest at least a week prior to the workshop.
4. Regardless of what emotions or life experiences you are experiencing, maintain a positive mindset and seek to remain calm.
5. Keep an open mind and an open-heart attitude, practice no expectations.
6. Exercise regularly to remove sluggishness, maintain a healthy state of mind, and cultivate positive and optimum energy levels.
If you could do this diligently prior to attending my meditation workshops, I assure that you will gain much more than you could imagine.
Michael Teh, 22nd October 2020.
Michael Teh is a meditation coach devoted to a personal mission of awakening more people to higher consciousness. He teaches self-realization through meditation, qigong, yoga and philosophy. Michael Teh Signature Workshop: The Essence of Life Series explores meditation as a powerful tool to realize our true potential. Michael has designed multiple workshops in this series to support his participants’ self-realization journey. Workshop Series 1 is currently running every few months on-ground in Kuala Lumpur, titled “Knowledge of The Self and Fundamentals of Meditation. Be sure to follow Michael’s social media channels and website for more updates: FB: https://www.facebook.com/