Thymus Chakra – the Key to our Human Innate Ability in Fending off Illnesses
by Michael Teh
Over the last two weekends, I was intuitively drawn to learn more about the thymus gland. And from my research, I came to an understanding that the Thymus Chakra is the key to our human innate ability to fend off illnesses. Here, I’d like to share with you the benefits of having a healthy chakra and guide you to obtain it.
Please note that the content of this blog is not intended to replace a medical doctor’s advice.
“Through mindfulness and concentration, meditation can help you channel the energy to your thymus
for self-healing and to promote a healthy thymus gland.”
Two weekends ago while I was meditating, I was intuitively guided to learn more about the thymus gland. Throughout my research online and after talking to a friend of mine who is a doctor in Australia, I concluded that the Thymus Gland is the key to our human innate ability to fend off illnesses. As a yoga, qigong, meditation practitioner, I am mindful of energy works and seek to adopt holistic approach to wellness. There is more to our physical body health than just understanding the biology and chemical reactions. As an engineer and physics graduate, I understand that we are energy vibrations prior to form or matter, this includes our physical body. Hence, it is vital that we learn and understand our energy centres, whom the Yogi call them Chakras. In this particular blog, I will focus my topic on Thymus Chakra where I believe it is key to maintain a healthy and functional thymus gland.
I learned that the Thymus is an endocrine gland in the human body which is situated between the throat and heart which is about 2 inches below the “V” of your collar bones and it is the vital part of the lymphatic system and of the endocrine system.
That said, this gland is most active during childhood but as we age it tapers down. Around the age of 50, the Thymus gland would eventually stop working and that is when we have to make do with whatever number of T-Cells that are still surviving in our body to combat illnesses.
Hence, the thymus gland supports our immune response by producing T-leukocytes where these white blood cells perform three major tasks which include:
1. Distinguishing inoffensive body cells from intruding pathogens
2. Destroying the viruses or bacteria
3. Building immunity in the system to protect for potential reinfections.
Having said that, the Thymus Chakra, also known as Higher Heart Chakra or the Ascended Heart Chakra, is one of the most pivotal Chakra which is also known as the “seat of the soul”.
It represents transpersonal aspect of the heart, that is unconditional divine love. And unconditional love is free of the ego, therefore a healthy heart facilitates spiritual growth and deep inner transformation.
So, you ask, what are the benefits of having a healthy Thymus Chakra?
Firstly, the benefits of having a healthy Thymus Chakra from a physical body standpoint include:
1. Aiding the immune system and creating a strong health self-regenerating and self-healing outcome
2. Governing the immune system, and its vibrations help during infections, especially influenza- hence why I think it is important information to fence off the Covid-19 virus
3. Helping to improve the general well-being of the physical body, and will aid high blood pressure, and healing of tumours.
4. Helping those who suffer from general feelings of irritability, and it has a calming action that helps to create a more restful sleep
Meanwhile, the benefits of having a healthy Thymus Chakra from a spiritual standpoint are:
1. It helps facilitate spiritual growth and deep inner transformation through the power of unconditional love
2. Selfless, spiritual love for the great divine spirit and cultivate one realization of deep understanding of love and compassion
That said, it is through daily meditation that will enable you to develop the awareness of the Energy. As I have always mentioned, Life is Pure Energy expressing itself. Through mindfulness and concentration, meditation will help you channel the energy to your thymus for self-healing and to promote a healthy thymus gland. I always emphasize that meditation purifies the mind and promotes the awakening of who you truly are, which is nothing but love. And with this realization, the love that you are, will be able to rejuvenate your whole body, mind, and soul which also includes the energy centres of our body.
And if you’d like to energize your Thymus Chakra, here are the steps that you can follow:
1. Sit in the right meditation posture and be mindful of diaphragmatic breathing
2. Turn on calming music. It is optional but serve as an aid for deep relaxation.
3. Close your eyes, continue with mindful diaphragmatic breathing, with deep and total relaxation
4. Visualize all the good that you are experiencing that gives you a sense of gratitude and love feelings
5. Continue to dive deeper into the feeling of love by saying “I love myself” as this has an effect of warming one’s heart
6. Relax, smile, consciously aware the warming of one’s heart and affirm that you have a positive and healthy thymus chakra.
7. Open your eyes consciously when you are done
Michael Teh, 11th October 2020.
Michael Teh is a meditation coach devoted to a personal mission of awakening more people to higher consciousness. He teaches self-realization through meditation, qigong, yoga and philosophy. Michael Teh Signature Workshop: The Essence of Life Series explores meditation as a powerful tool to realize our true potential. Michael has designed multiple workshops in this series to support his participants’ self-realization journey. Workshop Series 1 is currently running every few months on-ground in Kuala Lumpur, titled “Knowledge of The Self and Fundamentals of Meditation. Be sure to follow Michael’s social media channels and website for more updates: FB: https://www.facebook.com/